Thursday, 19 June 2008

Vintage Suppliers: The Utterly Sexy Cafe

All this talk of delicious cupcakes at the weekend got me thinking about the Utterly Sexy Cafe. When I'm looking for a cake maker for a client, I always look for a great eye for design, excellent reputation and a real imagination. Where vintage suppliers are concerned, Amanda Baird, founder of Utterly Sexy ticks all those boxes for me.
When you first meet her, she is full of bohemian charm-I imagine she'd be an incredibly cool mum to have (if I'm allowed to say so!) Her style is vibrantly kitsch with a sugar soft touch appealing to brides of all vintage tastes. 


The Kissing Songbird Cake

A cake making-vintage china hiring-catering company (phew!) The Utterly Sexy Cafe cover all aspects of your vintage wedding. I first contacted Amanda right at the beginning of our engagement before we launched to ask about the possibility of having her make our wedding cake. Unfortunately we had to decline as they are based in Wiltshire and too far from us which is a shame. Since then we've stayed in touch from time to time but it was only in February of this year when I finally got to meet her at the Designer Wedding Show. Of course, the meeting was brief as (as expected) her gorgeous stand which was draped in bunting and lined with some breathtaking cake creations was absolutely swamped with brides!

  
         Petit Fours and Jewel Box Cake with Fairy Cake Tower

Not being one to shy away from a piece of cake, I have to say some of the flavours on offer are to die for, from fresh tangy lemon (perfect for a summer wedding) to a very exotic Earl Grey and Cardamom with orange flower water butter cream. What I really love though, is the skill that goes into making all those sugar flowers and hand painted details. Brides and grooms are looking for a more personal touch where their cakes are concerned, much as Rachel and Jon did with their cupcakes and this is a perfect way to do it.


Rose Posy Cake

Anyhow, for any brides hunting for sets of teacups, cake stands, bunting-the list is endless, make sure you look up Utterly Sexy. Keep an eye out on the website for those catering menus too, I can't even begin to describe how delicious they sound!

Thanks Amanda!

Please Note: All images are taken from the Utterly Sexy Cafe website.


1 comment:

  1. I met Amanda at the Designer Wedding Show too and loved her style! I photographed some of her cakes at her house recently which was really fun!

    ReplyDelete