Thursday, 11 September 2008

Bridal Fashion: Short n Sexy Crops

Why is it so many brides with gorgeous short hair embark on a hair growing ritual in the belief that a beautiful bride can only be that with longer, polished locks? I'm the first to admit that I did just that, my reason being that I wanted a 1930s set curled style which required some length...that and my cathedral veil would never have stayed put otherwise. 



I toyed with keeping it short and going for a funky fascinator, but for some reason I was looking forward to having locks to play with. Needless to say, I'm going back to short and choppy next week and can't wait!

Anyway, this is a tribute to brides with sexy short hair, taking inspiration from the Audrey Hepburn pixie crop, recently modeled by Mrs Beckham-watch as the whole nation follows suit...


Don't be afraid to work with what you've got. Short hair, if it works for you, is wonderful if you have angular features. 
You could try wearing an alice band-great for a 60s theme, or for 40s and 50s, go with a fascinator or pillbox hat with birdcage veil. 



So make a statement, be creative and be confident with it!

Image Credits:
Feather Comb: Leah C. Couture Millinery, image at Brides.com
Straw pillbox hat: Leah C. Couture Millinery, image at Brides.com
Audrey Hepburn: Starspage.com
Audrey Tautou: About.com
Victoria Beckham: PopSugar

No comments:

Post a Comment