Friday, 14 November 2008

Hot On Your Heels...

and they're all on the High Street! Lots of brides feel they have to choose white or ivory shoes for their day (and before you start-there's nothing wrong with that!) but they end up spending a fortune on something that will more than likely end up in a box at the back of the wardrobe after the big day. 
One of my bridesmaids just wouldn't let me live it down and I was bombarded with "you HAVE to buy a pair of Jimmy Choo/Gina/Emmy shoes (delete as appropriate) it IS your wedding day after all!!" but she didn't contemplate what 'budget' actually meant!




I "ooooed" and "ahhhhed over various shoes, driving the girls at Luella's Boudoir crazy drooling over a pair of Emmy shoes that I could never afford but happily dream about...until I found my match made in heaven at Office online. A pair of metallic gold vintage style T-bars. Not only were they soooo beautiful, well within budget and comfortable, but I knew I could get some real wear out of them. True to my word, every special occasion or night out-you'll find them happily on my feet!





So I thought I'd treat you to a selection of what the High Street has to offer. Jewel colours and metallics are still going strong, but there are the more classic and understated designs using whites and creams. It doesn't matter if you're the bride or a guest, choose something individual and wear them with pride!





Image Credits:
Shoe 1: Side bow peep toe: River Island
Shoe 2: Teal gem sandals: Dorothy Perkins
Shoe 3: Art work court: Karen Millen
Shoe 4: Satin pink rose court: Red Herring at Debenhams
Shoe 5: Flirtatious ruffles and pleats: Karen Millen
Shoe 6: Scarlet Carbie court: Faith at Debenhams

No comments:

Post a Comment