Sunday, 18 January 2009

1940s House

Thank you for the lovely comments on my last post, I am so excited and surprised by it all and as a great believer in fate, I think I was put in the right place at the right time!

Anyway, the whole reason I went to the museum in the first place was to visit the 1940s House, a reconstruction of a typical suburban house in West Wickham during WW2. It was stunning, oh how I wish I could've moved in-everything was exactly to the letter, from the wooden staircase, the wallpaper border detailing, bed quilts-the works. Just behind me was an old couple who as they wandered around got so excited remembering all those little details from when they were children-it was wonderful to listen to!

Feast your eyes on these piccies!

The House Facade

The Living Room

The Dining Room


The Kitchen

Congratulations to London Bride too on her recent nuptials-I hope the wedding was everything you hoped for and I'm looking forward to seeing those photos!


Image Credits:

No comments:

Post a Comment