Saturday, 28 February 2009

The First Dance Song...With A Difference...

I bought Elbow's latest album 'The Seldom Seen Kid' because I realised I just couldn't ignore how absolutely wonderful they are anymore. Last night I stumbled across a couple of televised studio recording of the band with full orchestra and found it very difficult to pull myself together-the lyrics, that full, swelling sound, all just so perfect. 

So then I got to thinking that these two tracks would make the most gorgeous first dance songs.

The first is called 'Mirrorball', recorded here at Abbey Road studios. I hope you can make out the lyrics, they are just so spot on, all about the first flush of love...



And probably the more well known out of the two 'One Day Like This' recorded here with the BBC Concert Orchestra, which has a wonderful building climax. I love those strings...



1 comment: