Wednesday, 2 September 2009

Reasons To Be Cheerful


I was enjoying a leisurely breakfast with the Sunday papers (it was the Observer) when I came across an article about an incredibly exciting new event happening at Goodwood next August and I'm already counting down the days!

'Vintage at Goodwood' (celebrating 5 decades of British cool) is the brain child of designers Wayne and Gerardine Hemingway MBE, a vintage festival that dreams are made of. Not only can you immerse yourself in everyday life from the 1940s to 1980s (not too bothered about that decade though!) but you can also experience and wear the fashion and hair styles, eat the food (all freshly prepared and organic) learn to dance to the music of each era AND do it all glamping! Then there's the cinema where you can watch all the classics, the vintage market to pick up a bargain and the fairground for a few hours of unadulterated vintage fun.

Be sure to sign up on the website so you'll be the first to know when the tickets go on sale...and I'll see you there with bells on. Eeeeeek!!!!

Image Credit:

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I am definitely going. See you there!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I were in the UK to catch this!

    ReplyDelete