Monday, 22 March 2010

Deco Invitations


Just to round off the beautiful Art Deco wedding featured below, I thought I would share the invitation designs with you, created by my very clever brother Rhys Grant. Miriam and Bruce were keen to have a design that reflected the theatrical element of their evening, something to get their guests thinking, so Rhys took inspiration from old posters of the 1920s and 30s era and came up with the first design (see above).


However, having seen some of the old review posters, many made a song and dance with font and simple print, so we decided to paint the picture with some ritzy wording, using a simple black, cream and brown color way...and ta dah! It certainly got the guests talking!

Image Credits:

Stationery designs: Rhys Grant



4 comments:

  1. These are awesome! What a clever brother you have ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fabulous Tiff - is he in business doing this? If so I'd love to feature on Love My Dress xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are awesome, as is the wedding you did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these invites so much! I've blogged about a few of my current favourite wedding details and this is one of them. Its at http://blog.lkphotography.com.au/2010/07/pretty-wedding-details-i-love.html in case you would like to see. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete