We all love receiving post. I'm not talking the dreaded brown envelope, but something exciting, anticipated, perhaps unexpected. Sometimes, if I'm feeling flush, I like to order myself a few treats and enjoy waiting for their arrival, hoping they look as good in reality as they do online.
I got to thinking, wouldn't it be great if there was a way to get everyone buzzing about something-a little project everyone can be involved in, like the chain letters we used to get as children, only much more exciting! So, The Curiosity Project was born...
Ok, I'm curious...what IS it?
The Curiosity Project is, simply put, a mass exchange of personally chosen gifts between anonymous participants. I give, you receive. You give, I receive...
How Do I Take Part?
The idea itself is simple. Find a box, fill it with trinkets or curiosities and mail it to a stranger. Be creative with it. Take time over choosing its contents, if you're crafty make something. You could find a collection of old things or something brand new. Let it say something about you. Include something that has a meaning for you. Decorate the box, wrap it beautifully. Write a note to the recipient if you like, but don't sign your name. In time, you'll receive your own Curiosity Box from a secret somebody.
When you receive your box, take a photo of its contents-you could be wearing it, making it, reading it-whatever! You could be a professional photographer using your Nikon (or your Canon depending on personal preference!) or you can play around with your Instagram on your iphone.
Email your picture with a response and it'll be featured on the blog. If everyone manages to do this, we can match our senders and recipients up. Just a bit of fun really!
• Email your name and full address including postcode to Tiffany at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Your name will be put into a hat and each participant will be drawn a secret recipient to send their curiosity box to.
• The name of the recipient will remain secret but the address will be emailed to you the day before the project starts (see 'To Enter').
• The maximum budget is £20 but you don't have to spend the exact amount.
• Each participant has a box to fill. The size of the box doesn't matter, although be aware of postage weight etc.
• Make sure you address the box to 'The Curiosity Project' so as the recipient knows what it is when it arrives.
• Please do not include food, baked goods, sweets or cosmetics of any kind for safety reasons.
• Your personal details will be forwarded only once to your secret project partner. Your information is not shared with any third parties.
• Entrants must live in Great Britain, Ireland or Europe.
• Please email your details to Tiffany by Sept 1st 2011.
• You'll receive your partner's address on Sept 10th 2011.
• You must have mailed your box by the 1st of November 2011.