Tuesday, 23 August 2011

Real Weddings: Love In London


Well, I am truly ashamed of myself. It's only taken me just over a month to get this beauty of a real wedding blogged. In my defence though, it has been featured on Love My Dress so you can read the bride and groom's perspective there.

June 4th was an insanely happy day for me-I finally got to see Lucy and Greg married and share the celebrations with their family and friends . I was also excited to see their design come together which I'd helped Lucy on a few months before (as is the case with many brides, she had lots of ideas but needed help to refine them into something concise). In line with their London theme, we introduced iconic elements of the city into their day, from the red Routemaster, vintage black taxis to the good old Union Jack, mixed in with a colour scheme of green, gold and cream. Personally, I LOVE it...



Lucy designed the invitations based on the Keep Calm and Carry On posters...and it was Greg's task to print them.
The lace around Lucy's bouquet almost matched the trim on her Alan Hannah gown.



Lucy, her sister Sarah and Greg spent a weekend making her grandmother's fudge as favours, sealed with a sticker of her on her wedding day. 

The Haribo sweets have a personal meaning. Not telling you what though ;-) 

Green and white hydrangeas were provided the base for the flowers,  with the addition of freesias, agapanthus,  stocks, scabious and herbs.

Instead of just one cake we were greedy and went for a select of Lucy and Greg's personal favourites!
See those cushions? Lucy made some of those. Yep, she's good. 


I love this photo. It's what we in the industry call "The Magic Light".



Thanks to Lucy and Greg for having me along for the ride, I had a great couple of months working with you both and shall miss you muchly. Congratulations again!

Image Credits: Devlin Photos


No comments:

Post a Comment