Tuesday, 13 September 2011

I ♡ Southwold

Several weeks back I took some time out of a busy wedding season to head back home up to Suffolk and stay with the parentals. As with any home visit, a trip to the Suffolk coast is essential and something we do without fail every summer. Breaking tradition, we decided against Aldeburgh and headed a little further up the coast to Southwold and armed with my brother's camera, I took some "shots".











The lighthouse near the Adnams Brewery. The smell of hops is just delicious combined with freshly fried fish and chips...






For some bizarre reason, the entire town was covered in ladybirds. Considered a lucky charm in Italy, I thought at first how wonderful it was...but by the end of our day we were cursing the lot of 'em. Grrrr!

If you're ever up in sunny Suffolk, put Southwold on your list, you'll love it. You can even hire a beach hut for £18 a day!

Grant-Riley Weddings

4 comments:

  1. Lovely to see photographs of Southwold - one of my favourite places. Southwold has everything great beaches, pier, good places to eat & shop and its own brewery ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love Southwold, especially off-season. It's become a family tradition to go up there for a walk on New Year's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My home, how lovely to look at some familiar phots's, bringing back such wonderful memories! if I ever get married, its going to be on the Pier, followed by Parties in the Beach huts! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never been but these lovely pics make me want to go,looks a gorgeous place. x

    ReplyDelete